ENP Newswire -
Release date- 19082014 - A ground-breaking indoor navigation system is being developed to help improve people's experiences of a range of businesses, including supermarkets, hospitals and leisure parks.
Mobile app developer RNF Digital Innovation has unveiled the project, which will use smartphones, tablets and iBeacons, following a
The grant was one of only a handful of successful applications to the
The aim of the competitive fund is to support projects that capitalise on the increasing accuracy, coverage and speed of global navigation satellite systems (GNSS) such as GPS and other non-satellite technologies including Wi-Fi and iBeacon - which enables a smart phone or other device to perform actions when in close proximity.
The technology will have applications for a range of sectors. For example in the retail sector, indoor navigation systems would enable the user to work out their quickest and most economical route at the supermarket alerting them to offers and product updates on the way.
Computer scientist Dr
'Shoppers will be able to use an intelligent location-sensitive app which integrates with their shopping trip. It will combine their preferences and previous shopping behaviour with information about the store they are visiting, to plan their unique experience in real-time, alert them to points of interest, resulting in a more productive and enjoyable visit.'
The indoor navigation system project, including research and development, is scheduled to take place over the next 18 months.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine