The Dow Jones industrial average rose 30 points, or 0.2 percent, to 16,950 as of
The Standard & Poor's 500 index was up two points, or 0.1 percent, at 1,983. The Nasdaq composite was flat at 4,529.
Slightly more stocks fell than rose on the
Investors were waiting for the release of minutes later in the day of the Federal Reserve's last policy meeting.
Bond prices fell. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note rose to 2.41 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?