The Dow Jones industrial average rose 30 points, or 0.2 percent, to 16,950 as of
The Standard & Poor's 500 index was up two points, or 0.1 percent, at 1,983. The Nasdaq composite was flat at 4,529.
Slightly more stocks fell than rose on the
Investors were waiting for the release of minutes later in the day of the Federal Reserve's last policy meeting.
Bond prices fell. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note rose to 2.41 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Peyton Manning Sets TD Passing Record
- Early Voting Begins in Texas