In the first 15 minutes of trading, the 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average rose 81.02 points, or 0.52 percent, from Wednesday to 15,535.47. The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the
Besides exporters, major gainers included consumer finance, rubber products and brokerage shares.
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Teresa Giudice of 'Real Housewives' Faces Prison Time
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students