Low-interest federal disaster loans are now available to certain private, nonprofit organizations (PNPs) in
SBA disaster assistance is now available in the
"PNP organizations should contact the HSEMD Public Information Officer at (515) 725-3231 or via email at HSEMDPIO@iowa.gov (link sends e-mail) to obtain information about local briefings," said
SBA may lend PNPs up to
For certain private, nonprofit organizations of any size, SBA also offers Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) to help meet working capital needs caused by the disaster. EIDLs may be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills that cannot be paid because of the disaster's impact. EIDL assistance is available regardless of whether the PNP suffered any property damage.
The interest rate is 2.625 percent with terms up to 30 years. The filing deadline to return applications for property damage is
Applicants may apply online using the Electronic Loan Application (ELA) via SBA's secure Web site at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela.
Disaster loan information and application forms are also available from
TNS 30BautistaJude 140821-4834321 30BautistaJude
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry