According to the financial results released, the company contributed more than
Tobacco industry is a big revenue spinner and contributed more than
It is noteworthy that more than 99% of the government revenue contribution in the tobacco sector comes from two companies i.e.
The cheap illegal brands on which no duty is paid are widely available across the country and are sometimes sold at a price much below the minimum tax payable per cigarette pack. Due to the low purchasing power, the consumers get attracted to these products. Not only that but the margins for the wholesalers and the distributors are also much higher for illegal cigarettes in comparison to the legal sector. Resultantly the legitimate cigarette sector suffers.
According to sources in government, enforcement against these illicit brands is being stepped up as national exchequer may lose more than
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists