The key rate was kept unchanged at a historic low of 0.50% in 7-2 vote at the August meeting.
Having fallen to 4-1/2-month low of 1.6600 against the greenback at
The pound strengthened to 1-week highs of 1.5185 against the Swiss franc, 0.7969 against the euro and 172.23 against the yen, up from early lows of 1.5105, 0.8016 and 170.95,respectively.
The next possible upside target for the pound is seen around 1.675 against the greenback, 1.525 against the franc, 0.79 against the euro and 173.00 against the yen.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say