The pound rose to 0.7998 against the euro and 1.5135 against the franc, compared to Tuesday's closing values of 0.8013 and 1.5106,respectively.
The pound rose to 171.73 against the yen, its strongest since
The pound is likely to face resistance around 0.79 against the euro, 1.52 against the franc and 172.5 against the yen.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star