The singer was due to perform at
Police searched Richard's apartment last week as part of an investigation into an alleged sexual assault on a young boy at a religious event in 1985. The pop star has denied any wrongdoing.
The decision to pull out of the charity event comes after the pop star, 73, hired the high-profile lawyer,
Celebrities have jumped to defend Richard.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting