The choppy trading on
Traders are likely to closely analyze the minutes for clues as to how soon the Fed will begin to consider raising interest rates.
Most of the major sectors are showing only modest moves in early trading, contributing to the lack of direction being shown by broader markets.
While some early weakness is visible among tobacco and oil service stocks, railroad stocks are moving to the upside.
Currently, the major averages are turning in a mixed performance. The Dow is up 2.86 points or less than a tenth of a point at 16,922.45, while the Nasdaq is down 6.27 points or 0.1% at 4,521.24 and the S&P 500 is down 0.50 points or less than a tenth of a % at 1,981.10.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid
- Cat Stevens Touring U.S., First Since 1970s