The Hang Seng Index in
On the same day, data showed that
Among market movers, auto maker Mazda Motor Corp. advanced 1.8%, telecom and Internet conglomerate SoftBank Corp. rose 1.4%, and media conglomerate Sony Corp. added 1.2%.
Meanwhile, financial stocks were weaker, as Daiwa Securities Group lost 1.2%, and top investment bank Nomura Holdings, Inc. fell 0.4%.
In other markets;
The Shanghai CSI 300 index dropped 8.63 points, or 0.4%, to 2,366.14.
The Taiex Index in
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say