Sugar has become a rare commodity for the last one week at more than 150 outlets of the
The most demanded commodity of almost every kitchen - has almost disappeared from all the USC outlets in
However, for reasons best known to officials of the corporation, this huge quantity is not released to the USC outlets in the city - which is creating its severe scarcity in the process.
As a consequence, the deputed staff at all the outlets of the corporation has been facing wrath of disgruntled consumers for non-availability of the most desired commodity. An official of the corporation replying to a query of the scribe admitted that daily a large number of buyers at all outlets of the USC return empty handed in the wake of drying up of its stock.
It has become virtually impossible for the concerned staff to appease furious buyers as many are not willing to trust their words relating to non-supply of the commodity from government stores - as they smell rat in the whole affair. All efforts to convince higher authorities of the USC to help restore supply line have proved abortive as they are also complaining about short supply of sugar by the TCP for the last one week.
It transpired during a visit to one of the USC outlet situated in Block M, Commercial area of
“During the last four days, I had to return empty handed from this outlet for the commodity was un-available as claimed by the employees of this USC, which is causing severe problems for my family” said a buyer in reply to a question of the scribe. According to him the sugar has become a rare commodity for him, as he never experienced such level of scarcity, which clearly manifests lack of interest on the part of government to ameliorate problem of helpless consumers.
Disturbed by the non-availability of the most demanded commodity by the consumers, he did not rule out any untoward incident in the near future if the shortage of the commodity persisted. Another USC outlet situated across MPA hostel, close to
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Stock Market Seesaw Gives Investors Pause
- 'Twilight's' Kristen Stewart Captures Work of Guantánamo Guards in 'Camp X-Ray'
- Weight Loss Claim for Green Coffee Beans Doesn't Hold Water
- Mexico's Pemex Reports Loss
- Holdout Files New Complaint Against Argentina Over Defaulted Debt
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Beepi Eases Peer-to-peer Auto Sales
- Europe's Bank Test Aims to Strengthen Economy
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid