In responses to the coalition, the two companies expressly affirmed support for the principles and noted existing policies and practices that also advance the principles.
The company responses come at an important time when biosmilar market activity appears to be heating up in the U.S. On
"As long-term investors, we are very pleased that the companies support the investor principles," said
"We rely on the board of directors to ensure that these corporate governance best practices inform the range of company activities related to biosimilars," said
While new to the U.S., biosimilars play an important role in the European healthcare markets where 14 biosimilars have been marketed since 2006 with no patient safety issues, according to the
"The investor principles reinforce the need for balanced and transparent information as biosimilars markets continue to expand globally," said
"We view these best corporate governance practices as guideposts for future company engagements on biosimilars and for setting expectations going forward," said Lauren Compere, Managing Director,
The Investor Statement is available via this link: click here to see.
Keywords for this news article include: Pharmaceutical Companies,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals