BRITISH households saw no end in sight to the
According to data firm
The headline index, which measures the reported change in household finances, sat at 42.2, a minor improvement from July. Although the figure has risen from below 40 at the end of last year, households are broadly negative, far below the neutral 50 level.
The deterioration in finances comes despite the increasing perception of job security. Resp-ondents were less pessimistic about their likelihood of holding down employment since at least 2009, when the survey began.
"Subdued inflationary pressures and improving economic conditions are supporting financial wellbeing this summer, but hopes of a boost to pay rates have so far failed to materialise," said
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry