Hochschild said lower production, administration and exploration costs in the first half of this year, also helped narrow its loss.
The company, which has operations in South and
"The current level of capital expenditure required by the Inmaculada project restricts the potential to pay an interim dividend. We remain committed to the long term principle of delivering shareholder returns, and the board intends to once again reassess the position subject to the overall full-year financial results," said Executive Chairman
Hochschild reduced its level of capital expenditure in the first-half by
The company said its produced 11.9 million silver equivalent ounces in the first-half, at a much lower overall cost, including 8.5 million ounces of silver and 55.5 thousand ounces of gold. While silver production rose and gold production fell, the company said the average price of silver achieved fell by a further 11% year-on-year. Gold prices also fell.
The company said it remains on track to meet its full-year production target of 21.0 million attributable silver equivalent ounces.
Hochschild said its Inmaculada project made good progress in the period, as it moves towards completion at the end of the year.
The company said its balance sheet has sufficient capacity to complete the construction of Inmaculada and fund its convertible loan repayment due in October.
"The short term outlook for our underlying markets remains uncertain, but with the beginning of Inmaculada's operation imminent, the cash optimisation programme generating better than expected results and the financial position of the company secure, I am confident that we can look forward to an exciting twelve months as our latest capital project delivers new growth for the company and our shareholders," said Chief Executive Officer
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed