The increase in revenue was driven by the strong performance of the injectables business, explained Said Darwazah, chief executive officer of
A total of 49 products were launched and 140 product approvals were received in the first half of 2014.
"I am very pleased with our first half results, which reflect strong underlying performance in our businesses and our success in capturing a number of specific market opportunities," Darwazah said.
"In the Mena region, our focus on new, higher value products is delivering strong results in key markets. Our injectables business delivered an excellent performance, as we captured a number of attractive market opportunities. I am delighted we have acquired the Bedford assets, which will add products, R&D capabilities and capacity to support future growth for the global injectables business.
"Our generics business is performing extremely well and we are working hard to strengthen the product portfolio and pipeline. Overall, the Group is benefiting from our diversified business model and I am pleased to be reiterating our Group continued revenue growth for the full year," he added. -
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say