Each of the 25 businesswomen received an amount of D5000.00, which is meant to help upgrade their already established small-scale businesses.
The Girlfriend-to-Girlfriend Gambia chapter is a charitable non-profit, apolitical and as well non-religious voluntary organisation, founded by
According to the organisation's background, Girlfriend-to-Girlfriend has given hope, and supports many needy women, especially those that are survivors of war and conflict. This, he said, has helped the beneficiaries to move towards economic self-sufficiency with a yearlong programme of direct aid and small business development.
Speaking to beneficiaries, the Mayor of the Kanifing Municipality,
For her part,
She stated that the beneficiaries are expected to repay their loans within a period of six months, which she said, will start at the end of September. Jatta assured that the pilot project would soon be extended to other parts of the country.
Lady Councilor Jatta later thanked everyone who has in one way or the other made the loan possible to the women.
The ambassador of the project
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say