GCC countries had the largest share of initial public offering (IPO) listings in Mena, accounting for 90 per cent of the capital raised through IPOs in Mena in the first half of the year, with 10 IPOs raising nearly
The GCC countries listings constituted nearly 78 per cent of capital raised from 64 IPOs between 2009 and 2014, a report said.
The Mena IPO market performed robustly in H1, raising
The recovery from the economic crisis in 2008 can be attributed to
As the global economy recovered, the
Increased foreign ownership limit, especially in the Qatari market that raised foreign investment limits to 49 per cent from 25 per cent in
The likely opening of the Saudi Arabian stock market – the largest equity market with a market capitalisation of around
The largest deal in H1 was by
In terms of capital raised, industrials (includes petrochemical companies) and IT & telecom led the IPO activity, raising over 50 per cent of total capital.
The financial services sector saw the highest number of IPO listings, accounting for around one-third of total listings since 2009, the report stated. –
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low