"The LGBT community remains largely an overlooked and under-served client base," says Anastasia Kurteeva CPA, head of LGBT Services for
"Our firm is at the forefront of this new professional discipline, with a dedicated team that is thoroughly knowledgeable regarding the legal and social needs of our clients," Ms. Kurteeva says. "In addition to delivering our core tax, accounting, and financial advisory services, we work with outside professionals to provide a single, continuous approach to our clients' needs. In addition, through our affiliate RVW Investing, we offer individualized wealth management services."
Ms. Kurteeva notes that, contrary to common belief that married status lowers the spouses' combined tax liability, for many younger couples the opposite is true. This is especially common when both parties hold jobs and are medium to high earners. "This so-called 'marriage penalty' is a phenomenon that numerous heterosexual couples have been experiencing for ages."
"For the near future, the fast-changing social and cultural American environment promises to make the choices facing every same-sex couple increasingly complex. Our commitment to this community is exemplified by our dedicated website - lgbtaccountants.com - where we address and update many facets of the current challenges."
SEE ALSO: "What California Same-Sex Couples Should Know about Taxes (by Anastasia Kurteeva CPA) "
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals