AS part of its strategic plans to enhance profitability and increase shareholders value,
Addressing stockbrokers during the company's 'Facts behind the Figures' in
"We have identified potential partners that will go into it with us and we are going into it as a producing assets not as a prospecting one.
"Here, we have two options; to acquire set of moribund field and bring back to production or buy an existing International Oil Companies (IOCs) as done by others. We were in this exercise a few years ago. It is a producing bloc but entry into it, we must manage it carefully in identifying the risk and getting parties to share and manage the risk."
Akinfenwa expressed the company's commitment to transform the company to become the investment choice through positive actions that boosts investor confidence at all times, adding that the company is currently on aggressive and strategic acquisition programme.
He added that its business transformation programme was aimed at repositioning the business on the bedrock of strong corporate governance and business ethics, enhanced safety health and environment practices, effective business control across the company as well as superior customer delivery.
For the retail business, the Forte oil boss explained that the company has concluded plans to site its branch network in such that the distance between two branches would be at the region of three kilometers.
"We would acquire market where we can drive up volume across
He added that the company's balance sheet for the expansion exercise would be funded through the combination of equity and debt .
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu