Findings from Central Salt and Marine Chemicals Research Institute Provide New Insights into Peroxidases [Ectopic over-expression of peroxisomal ascorbate peroxidase (SbpAPX) gene confers salt stress tolerance in transgenic peanut (Arachis ...]
The news reporters obtained a quote from the research from
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "Transgenic peanut plants exhibited adequate tolerance under salt stress condition and thus could be explored for the cultivation in salt affected areas for the sustainable agriculture."
For more information on this research see: Ectopic over-expression of peroxisomal ascorbate peroxidase (SbpAPX) gene confers salt stress tolerance in transgenic peanut (Arachis hypogaea). Gene, 2014;547(1):119-125. Gene can be contacted at: Elsevier Science Bv, PO Box 211, 1000 Ae
Our news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore