International cotton demand is expected to increase 5 percent to 24,5 million tonnes in 2014/15 selling season as prices of polyester and cotton converge. This is likely to bring sanity to
"With polyester and cotton prices converging, world consumption of cotton is forecast to increase by 5 percent to 24,5 million tonnes in 2014/15," says ICAZ.
Cotton prices have been in contention in
The committee said polyester prices remained fairly stable at around
"During the same period, international cotton prices climbed higher, reaching
"However, the situation changed significantly in
Furthermore, ICAZ said the price of cotton in
Last year the crop was sold at
The country expects an increase in yield of over 200 000 tonnes from the 125 000 last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists