International cotton demand is expected to increase 5 percent to 24,5 million tonnes in 2014/15 selling season as prices of polyester and cotton converge. This is likely to bring sanity to
"With polyester and cotton prices converging, world consumption of cotton is forecast to increase by 5 percent to 24,5 million tonnes in 2014/15," says ICAZ.
Cotton prices have been in contention in
The committee said polyester prices remained fairly stable at around
"During the same period, international cotton prices climbed higher, reaching
"However, the situation changed significantly in
Furthermore, ICAZ said the price of cotton in
Last year the crop was sold at
The country expects an increase in yield of over 200 000 tonnes from the 125 000 last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Tech Workers Needed in South Florida
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher