ENP Newswire -
Release date- 19082014 - A
The conference is the culmination of a 30-month multidisciplinary research project; 'Media, Community and the Creative Citizen' led by
Creative citizenship is the everyday engagement and participation of groups and individuals using creative resources. The research has explored how three types of creative citizenship add value to communities: hyperlocal news publishing; community-led design and creative networks.
The research teams will report their initial findings to the conference, which will also feature keynote addresses from Geoff Mulgan, Chief Executive of innovation charity
The event takes place at the
'So far as we know this is the first time the banner of the Creative Citizen has been raised at a major event in the
'Creative citizenship forms the bedrock of the
Over a hundred academics, community activists and policy-makers will take part in the conference, which will feature papers on the very diverse concerns of creative citizens; including history, energy, food banks, gardening, resistance, games, citizen science, making, food, film, broadcasting, housing and political activism. There will also be a front-line political debate, inviting the
The research project is funded by the
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment