The strategic plan, Benedictine 2020: A Vision for Greatness, was designed to build one of the great Catholic colleges in America. The plan calls for the "technological infrastructure needed to serve our mission with class, professionalism and excellence."
* Classroom Technology. After two years spent upgrading all classroom technology, the college has replaced all classroom technology and is adding more iPad enabled classrooms.
* Wireless Printing. The college will add seven WEPA wireless printers on campus, using the cloud system found at many major universities. Based on a study of Raven printing habits most students will receive all their printing (175 pages or less) free of charge. Students can print from the cloud at seven locations including the Library, Ferrell Academic Center, Student Success Center (adjacent to Dining Hall), and
To meet the growing demand for wireless access, the college has added wireless bandwidth in excess of that found in 85% of colleges of comparable size.
* All Residence Halls Wi-Fi and Wired. In addition to wireless access, all residence halls now have high-speed capable wired Internet access as well.
As the campus adds presentation venues on campus including the new Dining Hall and the
* Lighting has been improved in the
* Sound quality has been vastly improved with a digital sound board and mixer, 19 new microphones and a feedback reduction system.
* Updates include the addition of a Blue Ray player and new paint, lighting, stairs and wiring in the sound room.
The college is protecting the security of information by implementing industry best practices, from password protocols to data storage.
* Backup Services. Enhancements have been made to the backup system already had in place. The college will now back-up critical data to two off-site locations, with on-site backup to critical and share-drive data.
CC AutoTriage10PkS-140820-30TacordaCheng-4833766 30TacordaCheng
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid
- Cat Stevens Touring U.S., First Since 1970s