The agreement with US regulators is the largest of any yet to emerge from the crash.
According to the AP news agency, which originally reported the settlement, the deal would be split, with roughly
Reuters also reported that the deal was agreed in principle earlier this month by US Attorney General
The reported size of the agreement has swelled with every mention. As recently as June, insiders suggested that the deal would run to
The bank also made a
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists