Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140811/135228
"Discover Student Loans recently did a survey that found that 85 percent of parents are worried that student loans will affect their children's financial future," says Lombard. "A good offense includes making sure your child is employed or employable when they graduate. If your child doesn't have a job or is underemployed in a low paying job that doesn't even require a college degree, they may not be able to handle their student loan payments. That's one reason student loan default rates are rising."
Advice for the Grind produces a mobile content app called Career PreGame that gives college students a four-year plan to help them land a job when they graduate. "The app helps students set goals each year and shows them how to use internships, clubs, activities, academics and their college's career center to make sure they have a resume that will get an employer's attention," Lombard emphasizes. "Most importantly, the Career PreGame app sends them push reminders about when to do things like apply for summer internships or go to career fairs, so parents don't have to nag them."
Lombard says, "To buy the app, which costs
Lombard is a
Keywords for this news article include: Education, Student Loans, AdvicefortheGrind.com.
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift