From combined software and services solutions to health information exchanges (HIE) of healthcare-related data among facilities, on to electronic medical records (EMR) and the medical hardware commended by surgeons, a number of initiatives have been taking place in the sector of healthcare to boost patients' overall safety and satisfaction.
The aim is to reduce preventable patient morbidity and mortality through the use of the CHaRM system, an Aviation-Inspired Patient Safety System that is based on an aircraft safety checklist.
The company says : " It is a highly advanced information-gathering platform, which tracks and records every detail of a procedure, with respect to both the patient and the physician."
Chief operating officer for
He added that this applies "incorporated gesture-sensitive and voice-recognition technology using Kinect for Windows, which allows surgeons to run through a customized e-checklist within a sterile operating room environment."
Medical staff can use intuitive navigation screens "with a
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Hope Solo Sets Shutout Record in US Rout of Mexico
- Hurdles for Obama Health Law in Second Enrollment Season
- Etsy Says 'No' to Redskins Logo, Name
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Sneak Peek: A Roundup of 2015 New Models