From combined software and services solutions to health information exchanges (HIE) of healthcare-related data among facilities, on to electronic medical records (EMR) and the medical hardware commended by surgeons, a number of initiatives have been taking place in the sector of healthcare to boost patients' overall safety and satisfaction.
The aim is to reduce preventable patient morbidity and mortality through the use of the CHaRM system, an Aviation-Inspired Patient Safety System that is based on an aircraft safety checklist.
The company says : " It is a highly advanced information-gathering platform, which tracks and records every detail of a procedure, with respect to both the patient and the physician."
Chief operating officer for
He added that this applies "incorporated gesture-sensitive and voice-recognition technology using Kinect for Windows, which allows surgeons to run through a customized e-checklist within a sterile operating room environment."
Medical staff can use intuitive navigation screens "with a
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals