A MULTI-MILLION dinar theme park could be built in a historic valley between east and west Riffa.
The project in
His Majesty King Hamad issued directives to start planning for the park after meeting a delegation from Riffa and the
It has also submitted a request to the government seeking BD3m from the
Councillors want the project to be tendered out to investors so they could select the best innovative concept for the park.
We want a park that is attractive to families and visitors, but it has to have a new concept that the region has not adopted yet, said council chairman
A theme park is what we are looking for on the same lines as Adhari or the new Muharraq Grand Garden, but we dont want the same rides or facilities repeated except for popular ones like a bowling alley and a karting track, he told the GDN.
For example, a snowboarding arena could be an idea, besides new high-tech virtual reality rides or games and other innovative ideas.
The council is currently studying successful theme parks in the region, mainly
If the ministry gets the money it is seeking from the government, it can spend it on outdoor facilities, but if it doesnt, then the investors contribution would cover it, he said.
A public park already exists at the valley for residents, but we dont want a regular local attraction we are looking to attract families from around the Gulf and the world.
If the ministry approves the initial plans, then the project would also include commercial facilities,
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays