A MULTI-MILLION dinar theme park could be built in a historic valley between east and west Riffa.
The project in
His Majesty King Hamad issued directives to start planning for the park after meeting a delegation from Riffa and the
It has also submitted a request to the government seeking BD3m from the
Councillors want the project to be tendered out to investors so they could select the best innovative concept for the park.
We want a park that is attractive to families and visitors, but it has to have a new concept that the region has not adopted yet, said council chairman
A theme park is what we are looking for on the same lines as Adhari or the new Muharraq Grand Garden, but we dont want the same rides or facilities repeated except for popular ones like a bowling alley and a karting track, he told the GDN.
For example, a snowboarding arena could be an idea, besides new high-tech virtual reality rides or games and other innovative ideas.
The council is currently studying successful theme parks in the region, mainly
If the ministry gets the money it is seeking from the government, it can spend it on outdoor facilities, but if it doesnt, then the investors contribution would cover it, he said.
A public park already exists at the valley for residents, but we dont want a regular local attraction we are looking to attract families from around the Gulf and the world.
If the ministry approves the initial plans, then the project would also include commercial facilities,
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- Disney's Animated Feature 'Moana' Slated for 2016 Release