Changes to services and equipment offered to retailers are a result of the Agriculture Act of 2014, which reauthorized SNAP. The Act eliminates free POS equipment for the majority of retailers which use equipment that only processes EBT transactions. Some types of retailers are exempt from this requirement: farmer's markets, direct marketing farmers, military commissaries, non-profit food buying cooperatives or organizations, group living arrangements, treatment centers, and prepared meal services may continue to qualify for free EBT equipment and services. It is anticipated that up to 2,000
Although VDSS has no direct control over how the changes will be handled, the department will do what it can to make the retailers and potentially impacted customers aware of this change.
CC AutoTriage1pm-140802-30TagarumaMar-4818606 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists