Iranians createantibacterial nanocoating
Abdolhamid Sadeqnejad, Abdolreza Aroujalian,
The coating can be used in packaging food such as milk to prevent bacterial growth, increase shelf-life and maintain the quality and taste of foods.
Sadeqnejad said results of this research will also have applications in medical, pharmaceutical and textile industries.
He explained that the coating helps produce clothes made from the antimicrobial yarns and prevent algal growth.
The expert noted that in this research, the surface of polyethylene film was treated by the corona discharge and then the modified polymeric film was immersed in a solution of silver nanoparticles synthesized by chemical reduction of silver salt
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists