The crowd Ululating people in national costume. Lone sea dogs in bandanas. Star children. Actual children. This year, babies sweated under giant ear-defenders and canvas-covered child-carts caused pile-ups in the main arena. One candy-striped caravan, pulled by an unhappy mother, appeared to contain four teenagers and a small au pair.
Best act Siyaya (pictured above) on Saturday afternoon, a lusciously voiced male troupe from
And the worst A fatally scheduled double-drum bonanza on Friday with two different groups on two different stages playing two different rhythms. One was
Best discovery The very strange Taste the World stage out in the trees, where pop stars are required to cook a national dish and play an acoustic set at the same time, recalling chaotic daytime TV shows. Welsh folk band 9Bach demonstrated a simple recipe for rarebit before performing a ballad about a boy who kills his mother.
Best dressed Man, 70: short floral dress, sensible women's shoes, tote. Face like bliss.
Overheard on site Weeping child in cart: "No daaad, stop, it's too faaaaaaaaast!!"
Best tweet by someone famous 1950s Jamaican mento band the Jolly Boys (named by
DAVID HEDGES SWNS.COM
IN ASSOCIATION WITH
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment