UNIQUE experiences that make a trip both enjoyable and memorable must be at the heart of what
This is one of the main messages of the
The ministry envisages a raft of different options for tourists to take advantage of, its tourism affairs adviser and strategy project leader Dr
"We have identified seven unique experiences which will be developed using the tourism value chain approach," she said.
"We have to make sure that tourism communicates and celebrates the intrinsic cultural values and heritage assets of
"We must also encourage tourism businesses to embrace environmental measures and create a general understanding of tourism sustainability principles, as well as the principles of community-based tourism."
The list of experiences includes:
In the Footsteps of
Arabia Nature Experience - island, palms, desert, springs and oil. This experience will include a stay at a planned eco-lodge on Hawar Islands to see the dugongs and migratory birds, a visit to the
Family Fun Experience - includes shopping, sports and fun on the water, as well as visits to the theatre and cinema, children's activity camps and a stay at a beach resort.
The Winning Formula Experience - a vehicle lover's dream, including a drive in a
The Festive Spirit Experience - a visit to
Gourmet Bahrain Experience - an exploration of all the culinary delights that
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists