Kormawa told newsmen at the on-going
While commending the Nigerian government for organizing the NCOP forum that has brought all stakeholders together, he noted that development partners are working to ensure the devolvement of sustainable power sector in
He observed that it is a very important variable in the overall efforts at economic prosperity and job creation efforts of Government.
He expressed the hope that the forum would help stakeholders in the sector to work in synergy to grow the power sector and bring the needed energy required to boost economic growth and social development of the country.
"Private sector is investing huge sums of money in power to resuscitate a once dormant sector of the economy; it would require the collaboration of all to ensure success of the whole exercise.
"When you have partnership built around a strong support base of stakeholders it will facilitate power access",he noted.
The UNIDO Country Representative added that with the nation's abundant resources both in renewable and other energy sources that could easily be developed for generation of power.
Also speaking at the sideline of the event, the Chairperson of the
"In the age and time of new knowledge economy, we cannot afford 50 per cent of the people and their land mass to live their lives without access to energy", he stated.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu