The Swiss Market Index added 0.85 percent to 8525.38, and is outperforming other European markets year-to-date.
Fitch Ratings has affirmed
Chocolate maker Lindt reported its net profit rose 14 percent in the first half. The company also backed its full-year targets. The stock was up 2.2 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week