The results for the parent company of T.J. Maxx, Marshalls and other stores topped
The stock rose in early trading.
Removing a debt extinguishment charge, earnings were
Revenue for the
Sales at stores open at least a year rose 3 percent in the quarter. In the U.S., sales at T.J. Maxx and Marshalls locations open at least a year climbed 2 percent. The metric increased 5 percent for
Sales at stores open at least a year is a key indicator of a retailer's health because it excludes results from stores recently opened or closed.
Going forward, TJX now anticipates fiscal 2015 earnings of
The retailer expects third-quarter earnings
Analysts foresee full-year earnings of
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- 'No Good Deed' Defeats 'Guardians' at Theaters