The African Water Facility (AWF), with the support of the
The workshop was designed to increasing AWF grantees' capacity to navigate through the AfDB and AWF rules and procedures, as well as to help enhance their ability to manage various administrative aspects of their projects, thereby maximizing results on the ground and benefits to targeted populations.
For some years now, the AWF has been offering project management trainings to its grantees to further improve the quality of its activities by ensuring effective and timely start-up and implementation of projects. The novelty this year has been emphasis on case studies and resolving real issues brought up by participants often dealing with a myriad of challenges, for example the requirement to speeding up project implementation, which is not always possible given their context.
"The African Water Facility has committed itself to working closely with its grantees to help them overcome the challenges of project management and implementation," said
At the workshop opening on
The workshop was designed to:
- Enhance the knowledge of the project management team members on the rules and procedures of the AfDB and the AWF in administrative, technical and financial management of projects;
- Review the constraints and difficulties encountered in the implementation of projects;
- Review the terms of distilling and documentation of lessons learned and knowledge products;
- Foster discussions among project management team members and exchange experiences to make the appropriate recommendations to improve procedures for monitoring and supervision of projects' reporting to the AWF.
Participants included a mix of professionals such a project coordinators, procurement and financial specialists for whom the training was specifically tailored.
"The scenario based procurement workshop provided more insight to me, than the previously attended workshops, which traditionally focus on Bank rules and procedures," said
"The workshop has been very insightful, educational, interactive and conversational," said
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140820-30FurigayJane-4832778 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt