Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan Joomart Otorbayev held a working government meeting on
"We need to analyze the situation with prices and impact of growing prices on social sphere. The harvesting is in progress, fuel issue becomes more relevant and critical. Certain projections should be made for the future," the Prime Minister said.
Besides, fuel consumption traditionally grows in spring and summer in the country due to intensive economic activities of population and business.
The prices for RON 80 petrol and diesel fuel will be kept at the current level in August. The prices for rest kinds of fuel may grow from 3% to 7%, the
Stabilization of prices at Russian refineries is expected in autumn. Reduction of fuel is projected since September or October, the time when demand for fuel declines traditionally.
The problem of growing fuel prices affected the neighboring countries as well.
In such situation fuel may be smuggled to the neighboring countries. Prime Minister Otorbayev ordered to tighten border and customs control over export and import of fuel and instructed to continue efforts restraining further growth of fuel prices, the government's press service said.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists