The pet supply chain said Tuesday that it will weigh "strategic alternatives" after a board review that included conversations with shareholders.
Investment firm Longview Asset Management and hedge fund
The company also says it plans to cut costs and is focusing on pet food, exclusive brands and services, online shoppers and a loyalty program.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays