ENP Newswire -
Release date- 18082014 - This year, the
The project will follow the progress of 70 graduates who represent the future of British design - which the judges will be scouting for throughout the next few months.
Malcolm Garrett RDI - the influential British graphic designer who created the iconic artwork for bands like Buzzcocks, Magazine, Simple Minds,
Malcolm chose recent LSBU graduate,
'Being picked as a 'One to Watch' was a real honour,' says George. It makes all the hard work feel worth it and having your product acknowledged by the
George's work has been described as 'simply ingenious' by
Malcolm said: 'George Mabey's A4 Scooter is one of those ideas that spring from the most unlikely of places. Taking inspiration from a simple child's toy, the designer has produced an 'impossible' engineering solution to a problem no-one had previously thought to consider. It is simply ingenious. It's not that the world needs a scooter that will roll up to the size of an A4 box, but the fact that this was made possible suggests the kind of mind that could achieve great things when tackling unforeseeable problems in other unlikely situations.
'George is a fantastic, innovative designer who always tackles design problems with enthusiasm and has a real understanding of form and function as well as end-users.
'He worked incredibly hard during his Engineering Product Design course and he really deserves this recognition; we all wish him well in his future career.'
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry