When moving to cloud, many companies struggle because they are forced to sacrifice the clear visibility and convenient control they are accustomed to getting from their local data centers. iland, an award-winning enterprise cloud infrastructure provider and premier
In a recent global survey conducted by
"Cloud customers hunger for a simpler, more convenient method for monitoring and managing their public cloud deployments," said Lilac Schoenbeck, VP of product management and marketing at iland. "Commodity clouds from IT giants and traditional management dashboards simply don't get the job done. Based on direct customer feedback, the ECS portal and app set a new standard for cloud management dashboards and ultimately ensure stronger cloud return on investment."
"After evaluating cloud providers, we found iland was the only company who could give us clear visibility into our cloud, allowing us to manage our resources, predict costs and optimally serve customers," said
iland's enhanced portal comes as part of its Enterprise Cloud Services, and enables companies to:
Easily ramp up, manage, optimize and protect cloud environments through a single interface:
• Deploy and scale resources with a wizard that allows users to provision a new VM or vApp from an iland public catalog or a private catalog.
• Modify compute and storage resources assigned to a VM with a few easy clicks, allowing customers to optimize costs and performance.
• Prevent waste with automated lease timers that shut off resources based on customer-defined settings.
• Protect VMs using automated daily backups and intuitive self-service restoration.
• Secure environments with embedded firewall services and isolated networks. Eliminate costly surprises and speed reporting:
• Set alerts based on cost and resource consumption to proactively address potential issues. For example, users can request an alert when a VM exceeds a certain percentage of CPU or when costs are reaching a budgetary limit.
• Speed reporting through Executive Summary feature that displays pertinent cost and performance details. With a few clicks, the report can be easily downloaded or shared with internal and external personnel.
• Understand detailed costs for each vDC, vApp and VM over different periods of time so users can accurately manage budgets and bill end customers. Addressing the demands of today's nonstop business world, the new iland Cloud app is now available in both the
iland will showcase its ECS portal at VMworld 2014 in
• Watch the video demo of the Enterprise Cloud Services portal
• Read Transparency in the Public Cloud: Eliminating Public vs Private Tradeoffs
With data centers in the U.S.,
All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
# # #
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/08/prweb12104595.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green