Trading at the stock market continued with its bearish trend yesterday as investors' sentiments remained negative. As a result, the
The market closed 2.86 per cent lower last week as investors reacted negatively to weak six months financial results of some companies. When trading resumed for the week yesterday the negative trend persisted as the ASI declined further, while volume and value of trading also fell.
Although the ASI declined marginally by 0.02 per cent to close at 41,370.24, the year-to-date (YTD) return of the ASI depreciated 0.10 per cent.
Apart from the NSE Oil and Gas Index, other major NSE indices closed negatively.
A further analysis of the trading yesterday showed that 27 stocks depreciated in price, while 22 appreciated, while volume and value of trading went down by 63 per cent and 19 per cent respectively.
Flour Mills of
On the other hand,
Meanwhile, investors traded 117.831 million shares worth N2.119 billion exchanged in 4,484 deals, compared with 481.655 million shares valued at N2.637 billion traded in 4,368 deals last Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say