The U.S. dollar held firm in the upper
At noon, the dollar fetched
The euro was quoted at
The dollar came close to the
"But (July U.S.) consumer prices data showed a steady inflation trend. While this combination of a healthy economy but stable inflation is great for the stock market, it cannot push the dollar up dramatically as (U.S. Treasury) bond yields remain low," Moritani said.
Traders looked ahead to the release later in the day of the July Federal Open Market Committee meeting minutes and Fed chair
The dollar was also underpinned by renewed risk appetite after
But optimism over
The narrowing of the eurozone's current account surplus in June added to longstanding concerns about the region's economies, Moritani said.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'