An analysis shows Equity,
The large peer banks group consists of KCB, Equity, Co-op, StanChart,
Co-op is betting to further boost its regional footprint, currently with operations only in
Equity added Sh36.03 billion in new loans over the year, boosting its loan book size by 23.9 per cent to Sh186.51 billion from Sh150.48 billion.
StanChart's Sh13.33 billion loans expansion was the lowest and slowest among the country's six largest lenders.
All top-tier banks have recorded increases in gross non-performing loans over the 12-month reviewed period, with StanChart's rising by a startling 288 per cent to Sh14.59 billion from Sh3.76 billion as at June last year.
KCB's gross NPLs increased the second fastest by 16.5 per cent to Sh21.72 billion from Sh18.65 billion a year before. Equity's rose to Sh8.86 billion from Sh7.76 billion, a 14.2 per cent increase.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval