The company will maintain its corporate banking business including settlement, currency trading and assistance for overseas business expansions, according to the sources.
Citibank has already contacted some Japanese financial institutions including major Japanese banks about the sale. Bidding procedures are expected to begin in September or later, and the company aims to complete the sale by the end of March next year if it can obtain approval from the
The bank's deposits in
To restore compliance for its retail banking division, the company appointed
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton