The loonie was down 0.22 of a cent to
Over the past 12 months, consumer inflation is up two per cent, meeting a target set by the Federal Reserve, while inflation excluding food and energy is up 1.9 per cent.
The latest read on inflation came ahead of the release of the minutes from the latest Fed interest rate meeting Wednesday. Then, on Friday, Fed chairwoman
There was also further indication of a rebound in the U.S. housing sector as home construction jumped 15.7 per cent in July to an annualized rate of 1.09 million, the fastest pace in eight months.
A calmer geopolitical backdrop seemed to also support markets Tuesday.
Russian Foreign Minister
Prices were mainly higher on the commodity markets where September crude on the
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment