One of the country's largest homebuilders, Persimmon, has warned that the construction industry could be held back by a shortage of bricklayers.
Speaking as the company reported a 57% increase in first-half profits, CEO
on last year. The York-based builder sold 6,408 completed homes in the first half of 2014, a 28% increase on the same period last year. Pre-tax profits rose to pounds 213m from pounds 135m a year earlier.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation