One of the country's largest homebuilders, Persimmon, has warned that the construction industry could be held back by a shortage of bricklayers.
Speaking as the company reported a 57% increase in first-half profits, CEO
on last year. The York-based builder sold 6,408 completed homes in the first half of 2014, a 28% increase on the same period last year. Pre-tax profits rose to pounds 213m from pounds 135m a year earlier.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform