- Strategy Analytics: Global Tablet Shipments grow 5% in Q2 2014.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130207/NE56457LOGO-b
Second quarter 2014 Global Tablet shipments were up 5% at 52.4 million units, with Asus and Lenovo the only top 5 ranked vendors delivering shipment growth over Q2 2013. Despite both Apple and Samsung suffering a decline in shipments, the two companies maintain a firm grip on the tablet market, where their combined shipments accounted for 41% of the global market in Q2 2014. White Box vendors capitalized on the demand for low cost tablets, with shipments up almost 2 million units over Q2 2013.
King added, "Lenovo continues to build momentum with its PC+ strategy (that is smartphones and tablets), for now Lenovo continues to outperform the market, but it needs to watch Asus who are fighting hard to gain 3rd place in the Tablet rankings".
Exhibit 1: Global Tablet Vendor Shipments and Market Share in Q2 2014 (preliminary)
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140819/137400
The following reports were used in the creation of this press release:
Global Tablet Vendor Market Share: Q2 2014
Published by the Strategy Analytics Tablet & Touchscreen (TTS) service.
About Strategy Analytics
1. Shipments refer to sell-in. Numbers are rounded. The definition of tablet does not include e-book readers or convertible PCs.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green