The Dow Jones industrial average rose 94 points, or 0.6 percent, to 16,757 as of
The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 10 points, or 0.5 percent, to 1,965. The S&P 500 rose 1.2 percent last week.
The Nasdaq composite climbed 26 points, or 0.6 percent, to 4,490.
European markets also rose.
A bidding war for
Bond prices rose. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note fell to 2.37 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film