LEO-46 is the first phase of a three-stage propulsion system created for the Super Strypi rail-launched, spin stabilized launch vehicle. The the solid rocket motors (SRM)'s innovative design, together with the launch vehicle architecture's simplicity, allows affordable space access for small satellite packages up to 250kg to 300kg.
With the LEO-46 firing, the series of three successful LEO motor ground test demonstrations gets completed.
The testing of LEO-7 second phase motor and the LEO-1 third stage motor was successful in
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery