Delivering a good broadband experience is becoming increasingly challenging, says
Telkom ISP has always had a fair usage policy in place but has, until now, exercised much leniency in terms of enforcing the stipulations of it.
As a result, says the company, the usage of a few users has had a negative impact on the network and on the online experience of fellow users.
He says the contention for available network capacity is also growing and
"As an ISP we understand the need to do our part in containing any negative impact on the broadband eco-system as a whole. We will be taking action when certain trends are spotted that may have resulted in a poor customer experience for the average user on our network," says Van Huyssteen.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry