The first handset developed with the third largest U.S. mobile phone carrier is manufactured by
With a 5-inch display, the Aquos Crystal boasts a thin frame and comes with a high-quality wireless speaker, according to the Japanese telecom company.
"With the expansion of a procurement scale, we can provide competitive devices with our own specification," said
Tahara added that Softbank and Sprint will try to further benefit from what she described as the "synergetic effects" of the Japanese and U.S. firms working together.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- U.N. Endorses Rights of Indigenous Peoples