The first handset developed with the third largest U.S. mobile phone carrier is manufactured by
With a 5-inch display, the Aquos Crystal boasts a thin frame and comes with a high-quality wireless speaker, according to the Japanese telecom company.
"With the expansion of a procurement scale, we can provide competitive devices with our own specification," said
Tahara added that Softbank and Sprint will try to further benefit from what she described as the "synergetic effects" of the Japanese and U.S. firms working together.
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals